My Target Corpus

Based on Financial advisor's inputs, decided to have 25X of annual expenses as my retirement corpus with separate buckets for Kids education and for buying house. You heard right.. I am living in rented house and will continue to live till me and my wife feel to live in own house. Got good friends and network in India so those helped me to invest in Real Estate, MFs, Friend’s businesses and get good returns.

After following few articles in Mrmoneymustache.com, Savingshabit.com, came up with template to track expenses and plan for budgets. From beginning, my expenses are on higher side so added some buffer while coming up with budget ..

·       My expenses in India from next month (projected and will fine tune based on actuals) – Fixed and Dynamic is roughly 2.5L per month which corresponds to 30L per annum.

·       This includes school fees, Term insurance, Kids education policies etc.My investment strategy is very simple

·       As of now, my investments are heavy on Real Estate and will diversify investments into other areas like Stocks, MFs, few start-ups by Q1 next year.


Didn’t buy own house to stay till now. I have my own thought process about when to buy house. I feel either of these has to arise.. (a) desire to live in own house or (b) need has to arise to live in own house. As a person, I feel investing in a house is not a good option when other investment options give better returns. When need arise, I will buy own house based on requirement at that moment. Till then, I want to be flexible to live wherever I prefer without locking down to certain locality. For example, now renting out flat near to kids school. Ofcourse I purchased individual house 15 years back and I was clear that I purchased that house as investment and sold it when I got a good deal and invested again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stepping into new Lifestyle - F.I.R.E

Health

Jurassic Coast and more importantly Chesil Beach