Few things which worked for me financially

Like to share few things which worked for me financially knowingly or unknowingly in my journey..

1. Starting early in career to invest - Thanks to my dad who invested on my behalf. I didnt have any clue why to invest at that point of time. We were busy in chasing our passions, exploring new technologies, doing experiments with those etc during initial stages of career.
2. In Real estate, I always ensured  I have strategy before buying so that not attached to any property I owned. Clearly having a plan of at what point to sell.
Always ensured that as soon as I sell any property, immediately invested in other property. It is possible for me because of good friend's circle and main importantly I was active in such things eventhough I was working more than 12+ hours in office daily.
3. Didn't pay off my house loan early (which I purchased for investment and not for me living in it).. got good rent and yielded good returns when I sold the house. Reason for not clearing home loan is.. i was investing that money somewhere which was giving better returns and even took top-up loans thrice on home loan.
4. Have patience during recession and dips in market. I prefer investing for long term in Stocks. In real estate, my investments were all short term (2-3 years) except house in which I invested which was with me for 13 years and recently sold off.
5. I don't have own house and retiring :). Few reasons for it.. (a) didn't get a feel to own a house and live in it. Luckily for my wife too. So we didn't get carry away with society trend. (b) it gave us a flexibility to live whereever we want to .. for example, shifting to place near to my kids school etc and lot other advantages (c) as we didn't have desire to live in own house, invested that amount in real estate (lands) and got good profits (d) house design, locality and requirements keep changing based on our age. So will buy when need arises to live in own house according to need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stepping into new Lifestyle - F.I.R.E

Health

Jurassic Coast and more importantly Chesil Beach